World Bosses

Rules of Conduct for Game and Forum

Moderators: In Game GM, Development GM

Hermod
Head Admin
Head Admin

World Bosses

Post#1 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:51 pm

In an endeavour to make them more available to everyone, the spawn time on world bosses will be reduced after today's reboot.

Concerning "Camping" on world bosses. This is "discouraged" by GMs as its not really a fair way to do things. We would prefer if people do not camp world bosses, however when we are asked to intervene we see that in reality it is hard to police.

If you are going to "camp" a world boss, then I must say it is only fair to try and do so if you offer a way for other players to "move you", to that end if you are white name GMs will leave you be, as if someone wants you moved then they can attempt to PK (if you are white named you are up for PK). However sitting on a blue named char "camping" for a world boss to re spawn offers no other player a fair chance. Please do not camp with blue names. If you insist on doing this then repeat offenders will be "moved" by a GM.
Try to play fairly and as adults, treat others as you would be treated yourself.
Playing PWR can seriously effect your mental health, running it certainly does.

Hermod
Head Admin
Head Admin

World Bosses

Post#2 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:54 pm

If you disagree with this then please explain your thoughts below, keep it clean and constructive.

Hermod
Head Admin
Head Admin

World Bosses

Post#3 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:07 pm

I consider camping to be staying in the same place for a purpose, for at least 12 hours. Simply going AFK after killing a boss is NOT considered camping.
Arriving an hour or two before a boss possible spawn time is NOT camping, and killing other mobs in the area while waiting for a world boss spawn is NOT camping.
This is not a rule saying you MUST be white name to get ready to kill a world boss or must be involved in PK to be able to kill world bosses it just means please just be sensible and act like adults and be fair with stuff.
Camping is sitting on a boss spawn point AFK for longer than half of the boss respawn time minimum, which after the reboot today will be 10 hours respawn.
There will also be some new boss spawns added to other maps, world bosses duplicated on other maps. The times on those will vary.

Hermod
Head Admin
Head Admin

World Bosses

Post#4 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:30 pm

Look, at the end of the day I just want you all to play fair and treat each other with a bit of respect. I know that's a lot to ask on a server where you can kill each other but, come on, I thought most of you were adults?

TZoner

Re: World Bosses

Post#5 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:21 pm

I believe this needs to be updated for modis because they have a 2 hour spawn time and I don't believe that the time you gave for what you consider camping is realistic for them. Or you could just put the Ancient Emblems on something else because it seems it is almost impossible to farm modis as people mostly kill them for those and hoard the other mats.

HellFire

Post#6 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:19 am

Hermod wrote:Look, at the end of the day I just want you all to play fair and treat each other with a bit of respect. I know that's a lot to ask on a server where you can kill each other but, come on, I thought most of you were adults?

Most things seem to have worked for around 6 years. There is an old saying "If it aint broke don't fix it".
And seems out of the 180 ish daily population, 170 ish have no issues so good job Hermod :)

axelz

Post#7 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:05 pm

Could u perhaps make them spawn in random locations?

Hermod
Head Admin
Head Admin

Post#8 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:37 pm

When we set the spawn point for a monster it has to have a specific point as a base point and then an area to spawn around that base point. I've experimented with this and depending on the terrain the maximum safe spawn radius is 50. So unfortunatly we cant have them more random than that. I'l take a look at the spawns of the bosses and see if any can be extended or added.
Hermod

Return to “Forum and Game Rules”