PvP Events

In Game Events Listing

Moderators: In Game GM, Development GM

GM Lovisa

PvP Events

Post#1 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:44 am

[b]Heya Guys,

We are thinking about hosting PvP events sometime in the future and we would like to have your input on what you would like as well as how many people would be interested in participating.

If you think you would like to participate please inbox me on forums or in-game.

If you have any suggestions regarding possible events or rewards please post them here.

NB:!!!
ALL posts bad mounting or insulting other players will be removed.Let's keep this thread friendly.

~ Lovisa[/b]

PKPKPKPK

PvP Events

Post#2 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:43 pm

B.o.B tournament =

starting with B.O.B of each race ( veno vs veno, wizz vs wizz, sin vs sin etc etc)
If there are enough players of a certain class this round could be done as a knockout stage, (1v1 until a final 1v1, Or 1v1v1)
Or it could be all vs all
(if you are the only 1 from your class attending the tornament then you will qualify for the next round by default)

winners of this stage would be crowned B.O.B of there ''class'' and also qualify for the next stage (if u loose in this stage then your out, end of story, game over)

next and final stage should consist of 10 players, the B.O.B of each class..theres 3 ways you can do this stage.

OPTION 1- all vs all, last man standing wins

OPTION 2- knock out stage with 1v1 until there is a final, the final would have to consist of 3 players due to the fact there's 10 people in this round, the winner of the final 1v1v1 fight is crowned winner and overall B.O.B

OPTION 3 - you make a league of the 10 players, everyone fights one another once in a 1v1, you get a point if you win and noting if loose, after all fights are over who ever has the most points win and is crowned overall B.O.B.
If it is a draw or a few ppl have the same points they have a final death match to decide the victor

RULES would be -

1.no outside buffs, your onlty allowwed your own buffs

2. no teamin or pre organized ganking during the event anyone found doing so is disqualified

3. no outside heals or healing self from alts

4. ALL ingame available pots are allowwed. (by ingame i mean those u can craft or gather ingame and not those only availble via cubi shop or GM prizes)

5. GM's word is final

6. no QQ

7. there is a prize for winners of each class B.O.B and a better prize for the overall B.O.B winner (gms will have to decide on what)

8. you can only pick one of your characters to paticipate (wouldnt be fun if you have multiple characters in the final rounds would it) due to lack of players on server we might have to think of a way to be able use an alt or 2, how i dont know.

9. there is no lvl/gear matching, this is a B.O.B you come to fight then expect to fight against some of the servers best.

10. absolutly NO MATCH FIXING!!!!

11. no hacking OR 3rd party programmes

Ok thats about it i thinks, it ''could'' work if everyone got in the spirit of it and took part and didnt try ruining it by teaming and using bad tactics with legion mates to help one another win etc etc.

The biggest problem we have is numbers, im not sure we have enough to make it a good effective tournament (we could give at least a month or so notice on event so at least all registered players can try to make it and give some uber fookin prize so everyone will want to take part, some kind of 1 off item would be sweet)

anyways, just an idea =/
Last edited by PKPKPKPK on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
-''PEOPLE SAY NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,BUT I DO NOTHING EVERYDAY''-

PKPKPKPK

PvP Events

Post#3 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:58 pm

the only reason having alts is a bad idea is because lets say someone wins 3-4 of the classes on there alts then the finals would suck because you would be figting agaisnt yourself =/

one solution could be you are allowed alts in the opening rounds BUT if you win multiple classes using alts you will be forced to choose only one char for the final.

to make up the numbers for the final round i guess runner's up of would get to the fial by default (which kinda sucks but meh spoose it could work)
Last edited by PKPKPKPK on Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alice

PvP Events

Post#4 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:03 am

Great idea, Lovisa, but you ignore one thing : PvP with whom? If there are 15 people online on the entire server ( not counting alts) is a big deal ! Besides, the PvP will be very unbalanced because some have third cast nirvana/rank armor and others have a TT armors melange. Before making PvP events you should think about a way of getting more players on server.

PKPKPKPK

PvP Events

Post#5 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:06 am

need to get sirens of war and latest patch if we want new people here. everyone is loving nation wars but not us, nation wars itself brings a nice new pvp element to the game to :(

anywyays..... more pvp is needed here regardless of how many player we have and im glad gm is trying to organize someting.
Last edited by PKPKPKPK on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Riot

PvP Events

Post#6 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:53 am

Alice have u thought that maybe Lovisa is actually considering the people that are already on the server that enjoy PVP but get none of it? Yes more people on the server are needed but does that mean every event on the server has to be aimed at one group? No.

Alice

PvP Events

Post#7 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:20 pm

Dear Riot, if you want pvp why don't you ask in world chat? And let's face it, with the current population, pvp events will have 3-4 attendants and will degenerate in scandal and insults..

judgement

PvP Events

Post#8 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:07 pm

I like the idea of a PvP event an Alice no matter which game you go to there is ALWAYS one person stronger than all but that doesnt stop people from going, because if they like PvP they want the challenge and want to see how good they are and allows them to see there own strengths and weakeness.
All that Stand before the inquisition shall be rendered to DUST!

PKPKPKPK

PvP Events

Post#9 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:17 pm

[quote="Alice"]
Dear Riot, if you want pvp why don't you ask in world chat?
[/quote]

huge FACEPALM -.-

Alice

PvP Events

Post#10 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:24 pm

You know guys, i saw on other servers messages like " who wants pvp come outside Archosaur". WHY "huge facepalm" ? WHAT is stopping you from PvP-ing? WHY you need GM event for that? The point is that are not enough people for an event..

PKPKPKPK

PvP Events

Post#11 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:38 pm

im facepalming because i just remembered how fvking lame the pvp system is on perfect world compared to most other mmo's.

i mean really if you want pvp you have to ask for it in world chat, again HUUUUUGGGEE FACEPALM!!!!

As for whats stopping me pvpn?? how about the fact every mofo has a blue name unless there from our guild.

ps. before you start and say, blablablabla if you like pvp go to a diff server or a diff game, well, for one i do play a diff game for my pvp needs, BUT i know exactly how FUN good open world pvp can be and i would like to see more of it on THIS server becasue for me this is an awesome server it does everyting right apart from the lack of pvp, and fair enough not everyone likes pvp, thts cool, carebears are cuddly and nice i guess and thats there choice, but we do lack players for more open world pvp, and since we aint got new players queing up then YES we do need a gm to step in and try to get everyone on server involved in some FUN pvp event, you never know you might like it, you might surprise yourself and win, who knows, but what is the harm in having a monthly server wide pvp event?? were we can all get together beat each others faces in, maybe get some prizes and have a laugh about it afterwards =/
Last edited by PKPKPKPK on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jazzy

PvP Events

Post#12 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:16 pm

I personally do not like Pvp.. But it is something that some people like to do and it is bulit into the game as well. I like the fact that you have the choice of Pvp or safe mode. Just because I do not like pvp does not mean that it shouldn't be allowed or looked down upon. Yes it would be great if we could get more people to the server so there is more to do and Pvp is one of the factors. Most people want extream high rate pvp and aren't going to take the time to level up just to pvp. I LOVE the fact this is not an extream high rate server and Hope that never changes. If it ment growth for the server.. I would still play even if the PvE factor was removed (though I hope not)

jmnic1967

PvP Events

Post#13 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:30 pm

Just a suggestion then, how about those that want to pvp form a separate guild, when you need your pvp fix drop tag and join this guild and have at it on all white names you find. Yes, this will mean pk'ing guild mates and friends, but, Since pvp is all fun and games then there should be no problem. This will obviously put you against the best of the best on the server and you won't have to hear any QQ'n from any of us "carebears". This suggestion has to be much easier than having to download and log in to other games to get your pk fix ( sometimes you just have to do what ya gotta do to get what ya need). I personally have no need for pk as I could care less about any "show of strength". And to be honest we see from TW's that I really suck at pvp lol. I joined this server because it has the option of pve/pvp. IF i wanted to pk all day I would have never joined a server with a blue name (carebear) option. I'm not saying anyone should leave the server and find a server that suits their needs for pvp. just suggesting a way around it. I think pvp events are also a good idea, but as others have stated, the only ppl that will participate in those events are the ones that care for pvp unless said events force others to participate. This wouldn't be a good idea because those that don't want to participate will either stay in town, TT or other instances or simply won't log in on that day. So, just a suggestion to allow everyone to have their fun. This is a great server, It's my first private server but from what I've seen it's a pretty darn cool server. So let's work towards keeping it that way. Improvise, adapt, and overcome.

PKPKPKPK

PvP Events

Post#14 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:57 pm

you are misunderstanding... im not asking for it to be a pvp server, or for the blue name to be removed, this is about pvp EVENTS.. u know a bit of fun once a month or so, and hopefully everyone on server can get involved when they realise the events are NOT about boasting and ''showing strength'' but about having FUN!!!! u know a change form the tedious repetiveness of pve which offers no challenge what so ever.

PS. you really think we have enough members in our guild to split it in half to fight one another??? come on get real. we aint got enough players to win a Tw xD
Last edited by PKPKPKPK on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lourens

PvP Events

Post#15 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:21 pm

If Gear is the big problem, we can always do a NPC gear and any ornaments you want to use.

There are many ways to do PvP events or just Fun PvP at west if you want, the biggest problem is only a handfull of us realy show up.

Couple nights ago we had abit of freindly PvP fun at west gate but only YoMama showed up. we had a lvl90 cleric and lvl60 veno there that wanted to try PvP and just play around. We did 2v2 3v3 3v2 1v5 it was all in good fun no boasting or smack talk just fun. We did WC and invite others to join but no one showed up.

You will never know if you will like PvP if you dont try it.

Why not try and get something going in the arena you dont have to go white and you cant drop, turn pink/red.

PvP is a big part of this game and will atract more players and active players.

Return to “Game Events”