GM Call Pack Events

In Game Events Listing

Moderators: In Game GM, Development GM

Hermod
Head Admin
Head Admin

GM Call Pack Events

Post#1 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:30 pm

The GM calls such as "say hello to a tree" etc will be reduced in frequency, this is due to the difficulty involved in actually doing it.

When the call is mad through the red chat system announcement, the GM doing the event gets a small window to view white chat, this window only shows 20 lines of white chat at one time and once a line of chat is pushed off the bottom of the window it is lost.
The GM doing the event must write down as fast as possible, the ID's of every character that speaks in white chat as they say "hello tree".
With the increase in responses this gets harder and harder to do efficiently, we have tried screen shots and this just takes even longer and we still miss people. It makes it even harder to do properly as "hello tree" isn't the only thing being said in white chat, people have normal conversations too which in turn push the "hello tree" comments off the bottom of the chat window.
We will still do them, however may change the responses asked for a little to slow it down. The worst moment is the 1st 10 seconds after the announcement is made, cos everyone tries to say "hello Tree" all at once and the chat box just goes mad lol.
So we will cut down the number of the older events like the Tree one and replace them with other event calls or other events. We hope you understand the difficulty of doing this.

I meant to say such, not suck so changed it lol
Last edited by Hermod on Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playing PWR can seriously effect your mental health, running it certainly does.

Hermod
Head Admin
Head Admin

GM Call Pack Events

Post#2 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:48 pm

After chatting to a few players I think the best way to resolve this is to do this,

from tonight onwards you will only receive packs ONCE per account, and if you just make lots of accounts to get packs you will find you wont get any, if you log more than one character on an account to get packs then you also wont get any.
We can see who logs on and off during the events also the names of characters and levels, if your character is set up purely to gain extra packs from the events and has silly names like "kfdjgnskdf" or something similar you also will not receive packs.

So, from now on, reply to the GM call on one account, on one character only please, this is a chance to keep the event and make it easier on the GMs and more fair to other players that don't log hundreds of alts just to get packs.
Thank you for your understanding.
Hermod (Head GM)
Playing PWR can seriously effect your mental health, running it certainly does.

huntingtonsbest

GM Call Pack Events

Post#3 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:20 pm

i personally like to say that u and other GMs are very socialble and ty for being such fair GMs good to be on a server like this looking for to much more game time and fun time with u guys
huntington_stud

star

GM Call Pack Events

Post#4 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:45 pm

I think that the GM,s do a bloddy good job of running this server and if a few players are complaining well only put 1 player on at a time I know sum who have 3-4 alts on at once,this does not make it fair GOOD ON YEH HERMY.

Return to “Game Events”